The Lenovo Storage S2200 (shown in the following figure) provides simplicity, speed, scalability, security, and high availability for small to large businesses. The S2200 SAN array delivers enterprise-class storage management technology in an affordable solution with a wide choice of host connectivity options, flexible drive configurations, and enhanced data management features.
The S2200 is a perfect fit for small offices and remote and branch offices of large enterprises that need a primary storage solution that supports general purpose workloads, such as file and print serving, web serving, email and collaboration, and small databases. The S2200 is also well-suited for secure archive storage or a low-cost backup solution.
- Low-cost, entry-level storage with a single controller or dual active/active controller configurations for high availability and performance.
- Flexible host connectivity to match diverse client needs with support for 6/12 Gb SAS (SAS controller) or 1/10 Gb iSCSI or 4/8 Gb FC connectivity (FC and iSCSI controller).
- Support for 6 Gb SAS drive-side connectivity with support for 12x 3.5-inch large form factor (LFF) or 24x 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF) drives in the controller enclosure; scalable up to 48 LFF drives per system with the attachment of Lenovo Storage E1012 expansion enclosure (12x LFF drives each) or up to 96 SFF drives per system with the attachment of Lenovo Storage E1024 expansion enclosure (24x SFF drives each) to satisfy growing needs for storage capacity and performance.
- Flexibility in storing data on high-performance SAS SSDs, performance-optimized enterprise SAS HDDs, or capacity-optimized enterprise NL SAS HDDs; mixing and matching drive types and form factors within a single system to perfectly meet performance and capacity requirements for various workloads.
- Support for SEDs to allow clients to secure their sensitive data and to comply with various security regulations, when required.
- Rich set of standard functions available at no extra cost, including virtualized storage pools, snapshots, thin provisioning, rapid rebuild, real-time HDD tiering, and SSD read cache.
- Optional licensed functions, including higher number of snapshots for more scalability, real-time SSD tiering for boosting IOPS performance, and asynchronous replication for 24×7 data protection and disaster recovery.
- In-chassis upgrade to the S3200 storage system without the need to migrate data or to re-configure attached hosts.
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for easy system set up and management.
- Designed to comply with NEBS and MIL-STD requirements.
- Designed for 99.999% availability.